Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Cup



You can't resist the charm of a cupcake.

When I first stepped in The Cup, my eyes went right to the goods.  I could tell I was going to have a hard time picking one out of all of them.  I asked the girl which was their best seller and she said the Red Velvet, with Peanut Butter Cup coming in a close second.  I personally think I make the best Red Velvet cake, and I'm not big on Peanut Butter, so that ruled out both of those. 


I decided to go with the Ruby cupcake which is swirls of red velvet and strawberry cake with raspberry buttercream.  It was pretty good; I could really taste the sweet strawberry part of the cake.  The only thing is, I wish the raspberry buttercream  was a bit more tart to contrast the sweetness of the cake.


My husband had the Red Velvet cupcake, and he said the cream cheese buttercream was tasty, but wished the Red Velvet cake was a bit more chocolatey.


We both really enjoyed The Cup, and will definitely be back to try some of the other flavors.

If you are looking for a cupcake in Springfield - go to The Cup!

Photobucket 

1 comments:

Suite Bon Viveur said...

Check out local bakery Amycakes (on McDaniel, just west of South St. downtown) for some delicious cupcakes too!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.